YES, YES, WE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRESIDENT Barack Obama. VICE PRESIDENT Joe Biden. FIRST LADY Michelle Obama. US SENATOR Mark Udall. A NEW ERA for the United States!!!!!!!!! =]
I can't believe it!!!! I still feel like I'm dreaming....I'm worried I'll wake up tomorrow and find that it's still November 4th and the election hasn't happened yet....But, guys, WE DID IT! We showed the world, the people, the government what we think is right. As Hal Bidlack said tonight, "It's not about left or right, it's about RIGHT or WRONG. And tonight, America made the RIGHT choice." A change is coming to America, though I can't stress enough that Barack can't deal with everything right away--he needs to deal with economics and national security before anything else. But you know what? Tonight, for the first time I can remember, I'm proud to say, "I'm a United States citizen. And I volunteered for Barack Obama. I helped him get elected." Tonight, I'm proud to fly an American flag. I believe in our country, and I believe we've sent a message to the world that America is still the great country it once was, with ideals of liberty and justice FOR ALL, ideals of doing what is fundamentally right, and of truly being a government run BY the people and FOR the people.
Today. WE MADE HISTORY. PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA. The first African-American president. I mean, I still remember November 2006, when Obama won the US Senate seat, and thinking how amazing he was. I remember that first debate with all the democratic primary candidates. I remember....I remember coming all this way these past two years, and now.....I mean, is this real?!
I went to an election party at the Antlers Hilton here in Colorado Springs, and the energy was positively ELECTRIC the whole time. There was just so much hope, so much happiness....I almost hadn't dared this day would come. When MSNBC projected Obama as president....chills ran down my spine. And when COLORADO went Obama.....WOW. I helped with that. I volunteered, I knocked on doors, I encouraged everyone who could to go get out and vote. I got tears in my eyes when Michelle came out, and tears in my eyes when Obama told the story about the 106-year-old in Atlanta. YES WE DID. But, still, YES WE CAN. Yes, we CAN make the changes that need to happen. Yes, we CAN show the people that we really are going to make a better country. Yes, we CAN.
In other happy news, the Personhood Amendment on the Colorado Ballot, the one that would ban abortion, was pretty thoroughly defeated! SQUEE!!!!!
Say it with me: PRESIDENT BARACK OBAMA. PRESIDENT. BARACK. OBAMA.
Thank you so much, everyone.....I have hope tonight...and I'm not sure I'll sleep!
Once you’ve been tagged, you have to write a note with 16 random things, shortcomings, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose 16 people to be tagged, listing their names and why you chose them. You have to tag the person who tagged you.
1. I've been in the Colorado State Spelling Bee....And I got 30th place out of 488 competitors =]
2. I've stayed up all night reading a book several times
3. Even though I'm 15 years old, I still sleep with a stuffed animal. And I've basically stopped being embarrassed by it. Somehow, it makes me feel safer...I know, I know, throwing a stuffed lobster at a murderer won't do much, but it has that feeling!!!!
4. I hate NOT doing anything in school...those classes where you sit there and do NOTHING....GAH!!! Hate them so much!
5. I'm an amazingly awesome nerdfighter! DFTBA!!!!
6. I'm extremely sensitive...to the point where I read Fred's name and tears well up...Or I put on Atonement and begin crying at the beginning just because I know the ending is so sad!
7. I can't ride a bike and hate driving, so I pretty much get places by walking. It's slow, but rather enjoyable. Though I'd really like to learn how to ride that bike!
8. I'm a neat freak. Seriously. My bookshelves are alphabetical and in different labeled sections, I have a place for everything in my room. However, usually I only have time to clean on the weekends, so most of the time my room just bugs the heck out of me!!!!
9. I sincerely despise stupid questions...Such as "Are you okay?" when I'm crying or "Did you get a haircut?" when I cut off almost 12 inches of hair...NO DUH!!!!
10. I've been to ELEVEN different countries...and I'm not even 16 yet
11. Luna Lovegood and Neville Longbottom are my heroes! =]
12. Most people know this, but I'm a vegetarian!!!!
13. Pellegrino is pretty much my favorite drink ever
14. At Terminus, I gave a presentation on Connecting through Harry Potter (that almost no one came to, but that's okay!)
15. Believe it or not, I've never had a boyfriend, been kissed, or had a boy tell me that I'm beautiful
16. I've stood in four states at once: Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado
Mmm...I don't actually have very many friends on here....So I'm just going to tag everyone on my friends list and everyone who reads this because....
I LOVE ALL OF YOU!!!!
From the always amazing veganwrocker =]
1. If you're on my friends list, I want to know a few things about you. I don't care if we never talk, or if we already know everything about each other. Short and sweet is fine ... you're on my list, so I want to know you better. You don't even have to answer all the questions, because some of them are lame and some just hard to think up.
2. Comment here with your answers and repost the questionnaire on your own journal if you'd like me to respond to it.
01) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
02) What was your dream growing up?
03) What talent do you wish you had?
04) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
05) Favorite fruit?
06) What was the last book you read?
07) What zodiac sign are you?
08) Any tattoos and/or piercings? Explain where.
09) Worst habit?
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
11) What is your favorite sport?
12) Do you have a pessimistic or optimistic attitude?
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
16) Do you have any pets?
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
18) What was your first impression of me?
19) Do you think clowns are cute or scary?
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
21) Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
22) What color eyes do you have?
23) Ever been arrested?
24) Bottled or tap water?
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
26) What's your favorite place to hang out at?
27) Do you believe in ghosts?
28) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
29) Do you swear a lot?
30) Biggest pet peeve?
31) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
32) Do you believe in love at first sight?
33) Favourite and least favourite food?
34) Do you believe in God?
35) In one word, how would you describe me?
36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?
Oh. My. God. I can't believe it!!!!!!!! I'm on PotterCast #165, correctly answering "Guess that Book"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!
Go check it out! =]
In other news....
Happy 19th Birthday, Hermione!!!! =] *hugs* You are an absolutely amazing young woman, and I hope that Ron got you something NICE for your birthday!
In other news, the Wizarding World of Harry Potter is now has an opening date of 2010!!! Squee!!!!
What?!?!?!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrrrr Seriously, I can't believe they've pushed back the release until JULY of next year!!!!! Why? No legitimate reason. I mean, the writer's strike ended so long ago and they were obviously ready to release it in November and done with filming. Plus, a holiday release is just as good as a summer release: Three other HP movies were released around Thanksgiving. So why wait? Because they hate us, that's why.
GAH! Anyone want to join me in burning the WB studio? Just kidding. Really. But they have definitely made so many people unhappy. I'm NOT happy at all.
Er....And for updates on Terminus, please just see my blogspot: http://lunastarlight.blogspot.com Because I don't really feel like posting all the entries on here, too. One journal is enough.
Hmm....what day is today? Random creepy voice answers: It's Wednesday, August 6th, 2008. Me: Oh, Okay.....
Wait, it's August 6th?!?!?! That means Terminus is tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!! Squee!!!!!!!!!!!! *hyperventilates and rushes around doing too many things*
Bahahahaha, so I didn't actually hyperventilate, but I have been doing too many things. Final edit of my paper, which I still need to print out, thinking of questions for my intersection, planning stuff with friends, PACKING, taking care of last-minute things at home (laptop setup and school registration, basically)
I'm so excited!!!!!!!! Nervous for my paper presentation (*chews more on fingernails, plays with hair*), but mostly just excited. And, Mary Rose, if you read this, I absolutely cannot WAIT to see you tomorrow and I am going to make absolutely sure that you have freakish amounts of fun and do a lot of squeeing over the next five days! I love ya! *hugs*
Okay...I should go now.........
First, wizard rock!!!! =] Okay, so yesterday I bought the new Moaning Myrtles' album: What About Myrtle and The Parslemouths' new album: Pretty in Pink (and Green)!!!!!!!!! Squee, that made me so excited. I then proceeded to listen to both albums in full (almost, I only listened to parts of some songs). They are both full of awesome. My favorite songs on What About Myrtle are probably, "What About Myrtle" and "All I Think About." And my favorite songs on Pretty in Pink (and Green) are probably "We Belong Together" and "This is Never Going to End." I'm now low on money on iTunes after buying those, and (last month) the old Moaning Myrtles' album, The Butterbeer Experience's old album, and Lauren's muggle music album. But after listening to this new awesome Wrock music, I wish even more that I was going to Wrock Chicago!!!! =[ *sigh* It would be so amazing to listen to all these bands live, but I can't change that now!
And, there's more exciting news in the world of Harry Potter: The Tales of Beedle the Bard is being released to the general public on December 4th, 2008!!!!!!!!!! SQUEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =] =] Thank you so, so much, Jo! This means a lot to me, and I can't wait to read the stories for myself!
Erm...so, go listen to some Wizard Rock!!! Wrock rocks!!!!
Harry and Jo!!!!!!!!!
First, to Harry: Happy 28th birthday!!! Over the past 8 years, you have been my constant, silent (literary) friend, always there when I needed to get away from my thoughts or needed someone who cared. =] You have accomplished so much, and I hope you're happy with your life now!!! You are simply amazing, Harry, and I hope your birthday is just as phenomenal as you deserve!!!
To Jo: Happy 43rd birthday!!! I can't thank you enough for writing these books. You gave me a constant friend, and opened me up to the HP fandom, which has given me so many friends from all over the world. I really connect with your books.....I'm a "different" type of person, and the books allow me to be accepted, despite my eccentricities. You are simply amazing and you are beautiful. Thank you so much for sticking with Harry even now, for continuing to excite us with news about Beedle the Bard, the Theme Park, and the Scottish Book...and thank you for putting up with us obsessive fans who want to know every detail right down to the middle name of Harry's great-grandfather! ;)
Happy Birthday, Harry!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday, Jo!!!!!!
Neville!!!!!!!!!!!! I've loved Neville from the beginning, as a sweet clumsy eleven-year old who couldn't remember anything and was always messing up. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him grow and mature and learn just how amazing he could be. And, Neville, my man, you thoroughly kicked butt against Voldemort and Nagini!!!! I always knew you could do it!
Happy Birthday, Snake Slayer! You're the man!